Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Work of Caution - the New Blogger Templates

With the hopes of saving some of my fellow bloggers some pain...if you have any site customization (i.e. customizaation to your template, backgrounds, fonts, etc.) please be VERY cautious if you decide to update to one of the new Blogger Templates using the Template Designer.  I tried it out with my blog and tried to import all my customization, and I ended up really messing up my blog.  Luckily, I saved out my original HTML so I didn't lose everything I had (though, for a few minutes there, I really thought I had).  If you want to play around with the new Template Designer, I would highly recommend using the full Template Downloader before you do.  It will download all the customizations you have currently so you can reimport them later if necessary.

Happy Blogging!

No comments: